The Hush of Expansion
- Agricultural Ag – Agricultural worlds are dedicated to farming and food production. Often, they are divided into vast semi-feudal estates.
- Asteroid As – Asteroids are usually mining colonies, but can also be orbital factories or colonies.
- Barren Ba – Barren worlds are uncolonised and empty.
- Desert De – Desert worlds are dry and barely habitable.
- Fluid Oceans Fl – Fluid Oceans are worlds where the surface liquid is something other than water, and so are incompatible with Earth-derived life.
- Garden Ga – Garden worlds are Earth-like.
- High Population Hi – High Population worlds have a population in the billions.
- High Technology HT – High Technology worlds are among the most technologically advanced in the Imperium.
- Ice-Capped IC – Ice-Capped worlds have most of their surface liquid frozen in polar ice caps, and are cold and dry.
- Industrial In – Industrial worlds are dominated by factories and cities.
- Low Population Lo – Low Population worlds have a population of only a few thousand or less.
- Low Technology LT – Low Technology worlds are preindustrial and cannot produce advanced goods.
- Non-Agricultural Na – Non-Agricultural worlds are too dry or barren to support their populations using conventional food production.
- Non-Industrial NI – Non-Industrial worlds are too low-population to maintain an industrial base.
- Poor Po – Poor worlds lack resources, viable land or sufficient population to be anything other than marginal colonies.
- Rich Ri – Rich worlds are blessed with a stable government and viable biosphere, making them economic powerhouses.
- Vacuum Va – Vacuum worlds have no atmosphere.
- Water World Wa – Water Worlds are nearly entirely water-ocean.